Sunday, June 16, 2013

update

I feel like I haven't blogged in a gazillion years.  Here's what I've been up to.

I moved!!!  Yeah... I finally moved, after packing forever.  I hurt my back while moving, just doing too much, but I am better now.  I think I've finally settled in.  Pictures of my new pad to come.

Angie visited!!!  I feel like it's been forever since I've seen her and she finally got to visit.  We found ourselves some awesome music and went to the House of Blues in Cleveland to see Darren Criss and Theo Katzman... lovin' Theo's music!  I have a new musical love.  Here are some pics and videos, as well as some media links.



For an opening act, Theo was on fire!  Fresh voice, fresh music... of course he's a friend with Darren Criss.  He is amazing live.  Here are videos of my favorite songs of Theo's album Romance Without Finance:



And, of course, man of the hour, Darren Criss.  Holy flip, he was awesome.  He began and ended the show with a rock version of "The Circle of Life" (yes, my friends, from The Lion King).  He did a lot of StarKid and stuff from his Human EP, and only one Glee song (this was a Darren Criss concert, after all, and NOT Glee).  He sang "Teenage Dream" while playing the keyboard - he did the acoustic version and then rocked it out.  Pics and vids...



Theo Katzman played drums during Darren's set.  I have an awesome video of "Teenage Dream" but it isn't uploading right now.  I will try again later.

I almost died in Cleveland.  The Cleve is not my favorite city (sorry for you native Clevelanders, but I don't think Cleveland rocks as much as Drew Carey said it did).  Angie and I nearly died twice by crazy drivers (within minutes of each other).  We seriously were terrified.  Please do not go from parking position into darting in front of a moving car with no turn signal.  Coming from the moving car, that was freaking scary.  Not gonna lie, I had a little road rage... But all is well!

Applying for jobs.  So... I am switching gears.  I am no longer in graduate school, but now searching for jobs.  I might return to school for my doctorate one day but right now, I am fried.

A lot of life changes at once for me - moving and then heading a different direction - but at least I got to spend some time with my Angie (who I will see again in a couple weeks) and got to rock out with Theo and Darren.

Oh, yeah!  I lost 16 lbs... see Kirsty for more information.  She also rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment