Friday, April 5, 2013

love.this.weekend. -- general conference


I am so excited.  I've been a member of the Church for just over 2 years and this will be the first time I will get to sit home and watch all of General Conference live.  No distractions, no academic conferences to attend, no going out of town.  It starts tomorrow!!!  My plan is to be in my pajamas, curled up on the couch with Opie and Maizy with some hot chocolate (because I still have plenty of Stephen's from my trip to Utah over Thanksgiving).  I will for sure have my iPad in my lap and be taking notes too.

Because this is the first time I am staying at home with my family to watch General Conference, I wanted to start a General Conference tradition to carry throughout the years.

Preparation.  Friday night before conference, I will harbor a question in my heart and my mind to be answered.  I will get on my knees and pray long and hard.  I am at a very interesting point in my life where I am identifying what is most important.  For the first time, I feel very comfortable with myself and who I am.  I feel like all the changes I've made as of late have been very me... for the first time ever, I feel like I know who I am.  I'm not just borrowing myself from other people, but I am my own person.  This Conference I will have some big questions for Heavenly Father.  I will be sitting at the Prophet's feet, and at the feet of other authorities, listening carefully.

Snacks.  I guess it is common for people to have a General Conference snack.  I haven't decided what I want to make my GC snack.  Something healthy, so I can eat a lot of it, haha.  But tasty too, since this is a special occasion.  And I have to get something special for Opie and Maizy.  Stephen's hot chocolate for sure, but the rest I will have to figure out tonight.

Post-Conference.  I will blog about my favorite talks and the spiritual insight I have gained.  I think this is a no-brainer.

Really excited!!! If you have any ideas for General Conference snacks or traditions, share with me!  I'd love to hear your ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment