Tuesday, April 30, 2013

love.this.list. -- a motley crew of love

I couldn't come up with a good title for this post because it contains so many random things... so I decided to make it a list!

1. It pays to read blogs!!! - So... I've been trying to amp up my presence in the dog-blog community.  Yes, my blog isn't all about the dogs, but they have a lot to do with it.  Anyhow, I've really just been trying to find some good dog-blogs and I have run into a few.  One of them is: Peggy's Pet Place.  Last week, I entered a giveaway of four bags of all natural Cloud Star dog treats.  This morning, I was surprised to see in my email inbox that I, or rather Opie and Maizy, had won!  I am not a person who usually wins things, so this was really surprising and delightful, especially since it benefits my babies.  The thing is, I have been stocking up on all natural dog treats from TJMaxx (they are WAAAY cheaper there) so I already bough them 8 bags/boxes of dog treats, but then, while cleaning my car last night, I found another bag of dog treats that I had bought at least a month ago and forgot to bring in.  So Opie and Maizy will have dog treats until the end of time, especially once I get this package from Peggy.  What lucky dogs!!!

2. More music! - I said in a previous post that my "summer concert" had been decided and that Angie and I are going to see Darren Criss.  Well, lucky us, there is a three-day music festival, the Bunbury Music Festival, in Cincy in July and we are going to the Friday concert, which includes fun., Walk the Moon, and Tegan and Sara (among others).  But holy cow, three of my favorite bands in one night.  Heck yes!  This summer is going to be filled with awesome music for me.  Love love love!!!

3. Goetta, yummm. - So... since I have known Angie, I have not been able to attend a single Glier's GoettaFest in support of Yat Ka Mein.  For those of you who don't know, Yat Ka Mein is my most favorite restaurant of all time and place.  It belongs to Angie's family and has the best, healthiest, and tastiest Chinese food.  We're not talking greasy buffet food.  Not Chinese-American friend junk.  This is the real deal and it's the best.  So if you are ever in Cincinnati, I suggest you stop by and say hello to Clarence (Angie's dad).  He is a very nice, generous man and will make sure you find something you like on the menu if you are having a hard time deciding.  He's great like that.  I highly suggest the tofu pad thai.  It is ah-mazing!  And if you are planning to be in the Cincinnati area and want to stop by Yat Ka Mein, go to this link and pay $20 for a $40 gift certificate to Yat Ka Mein.  Good until next April.  I know when I get paid, I am going to buy at least three because I'll be in Cincy at least three times this summer.

4. Veggie gardening! - Last night I went to Home Depot to pick up some seeds for the vegetable garden.  I'm so excited.  We start planting tomorrow.  I bought seeds for cherry tomatoes, spinach, cucumbers, zucchini, summer squash, sugar snap peas, spearmint, basil, and cilantro.  I got a pair of cute gardening gloves, too.  I can't wait to see the first harvest.

The weather is gorgeous again, after a bout of rain.  The sun is shining again and today, it's not as humid.  Keep it up, weather.  It makes me so much happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment