Friday, April 26, 2013

love.this.day. -- a breath of fresh air

The sun is shining today, much to my delight.  I have accomplished much, also to my delight.  There is oh, so much to do, but I will take my wins where I can get them.  Not only is it a beautiful day, but it has been peaceful as well.  I've appreciated the calm and quiet of today.  I used to be someone who had to have noise.  I couldn't do anything without the tv running in the background or my iTunes playing or what have you.  Now, I've come to really appreciate the stillness.  My dogs really like to stare out the window and I used to think it was out of boredom, but I think I get it now.  There is power and peace to being... very... still...

I am so ready for the summer to begin.  And when I mean summer, I mean moving, accomplishing, getting dirt on my hands, taking long walks with my dogs, absorbing the freshness of the morning, etc.  The undergraduates will go away and the town will be calm and pleasant.  I will enjoy this city a little more than I do during the school year.

I have a few summer projects:

1.  Train for Cincinnati Colorpalooza. -- Yes, I am doing a color run.  But I can't run.  I'm just going to have to do the best that I can and try not to drag my friends behind too much.  I know it will be great fun, but I've got to get moving.

2.  MOVE. -- I am ridiculous.  I have lived in BG for four years and this will be the third time I am moving within town.  Each for good, and unexpected, reasons.  I will spend the better part of June nesting and dissertating.  It will be fabulous.

3.  Gardening. -- Yeah... I can keep animals and children alive, but not plants.  Despite that fact, I am attempting to create a vegetable garden with some friends.  This will be a long, long project.  I will have to learn how gardening can bring me peace and happiness.

4.  Oh, yeah... that dissertation. -- That's all I have to say about that. (Bleck!)

I am extremely grateful for today's sunshine.  I can't even express how grateful.  And, of course, I get to spend the rest of my day indoors working.  But that's okay... just so I know that the weather is cooperating with my mental health.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for sunshine! Vege gardening is really not such a big deal, it's very easy in fact- you've just got to not get bored with the weeding part. That starts to get old and stale half way through summer...but fresh veges are a delight.I do find a great deal of therapy in digging in the soil when I do get the chance. Now get back to work ;)

    ReplyDelete