Thursday, April 4, 2013

c25k -- week 1 day 1

As promised, I did the first day of the Couch to 5k program tonight.  It was a little too cold, but that's what I get for napping (recovering from yesterday's muscle relaxer) and doing this at 11pm.  It was a little dark for my tastes as well, but again... that's what I get.  I took the dogs with me and they LOVED it.

At first my shins started to hurt a little, but as I continued, that went away.  It was kinda hard for me to breathe in the cold air, so I didn't follow the program perfectly, but I'd say I followed it about 90%.  It hurts when the cold air is scraping your throat.

It really wasn't that bad at all and I feel that as it continues to warm up (come on, spring!) that it will be easier, or at least I won't have to deal with the cold air.  I celebrated by downing a bunch of cold water, which was delightful despite how cold I was.

I've gotta say, when it comes to health and fitness, I freaking LOVE my iPhone.  It's just a 4, but it does what I need it to do.  The c25k app was awesome.  I didn't have to keep time or anything.  It told me when to jog and when to walk, it was great.  As much as technology can cause problems, it can help to solve problems as well.

I'm looking forward to warmer weather and day 2!  I can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment