Monday, March 25, 2013

love.this.goal. -- 27 cakes

For some reason, ever since I was a child, I thought that 27 would be my magical year.  Something BIG was going to happen when I was 27.  So for the longest time, I have wanted to be 27.  And I still do.  There is still something magical about it.

There is, however, the thought that 27 might not be magical.  It could be just like any other year in my life, one where I work, do to school, cuddle with my dogs, walk into random bookstores, travel, etc.

I'm still holding onto this hope that 27 will be a special year, but let's be adult about this... ACT, do not be ACTED UPON!

I turn 26 in a couple of months.  I've had this thought before, but never put it into action.  I want to spread the love and bake 27 cakes for 27 different people by my 27th birthday.  That's one cake per person, folks. Aside from the fact that cake is delicious, cake reminds us of celebration.  What better day to celebrate than today?  Er... the day you receive your cake, random person.  Seriously, though... I'm reminded of a line from my most favorite musical of all time, Rent.

NO DAY BUT TODAY!

It's definitely something to internalize. Every day is a gift, a blessing.  Often, with all of the difficulties we experience and all the sadness that happens in the world, it is easy to forget that fact.

So I have a little over a year to bake 27 cakes and give them to random people that I love.  Maybe I'll try a few strangers or people I don't know very well.  Yes, I will do that.  And just now, in this moment, I've decided that on the cakes, it will say NO DAY BUT TODAY!

So remember that each day is a day to be celebrated.  And if you forget, that's okay... I might just show up on your doorstep with a cake to remind you!

2 comments:

  1. That's just over 2 a month. You should make a different one each time and blog about it,with a photo of the person holding the cake, something about them and the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great idea. I decided that when I presented the cake to each person, I would ask them one thing that makes them happy and record it. Pictures = great idea! You rock!

    ReplyDelete