Tuesday, March 26, 2013

love.this.documentary. -- craigslist joe

I have always depended on the kindness of strangers.
-- Tennessee Williams, A Streetcar Named Desire

I've really been into documentaries lately.  I think there is something to that.  I've kind of become obsessed with people's interpretations of life.  I want to know what is important to people and why it is important to them.  I want to know what is important to me and why.  

Meet Joe.  He's a guy who decides that, for a month, he will live entirely off Craigslist.  His shelter, meals, rides, daily activities will be directed all through Craigslist.  He wants to know if he can make it... if he can depend on the kindness of strangers.  With all the changes that our society has endured, can we step out of our lives for a moment to help a stranger?

Here is the trailer.


I found this doc incredibly inspiring.  It reminded me to be more aware of those in need that I do NOT know.  At the core, I think everyone is willing to do something for a stranger.  We all have that goodness in us, that we don't want to see suffering or need.  I think if we can tap into that and see with those eyes, it can make a difference.  We just have to step out of our bubble and expand our lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment