Friday, February 22, 2013

love.this.video. -- climbing out of my hole

Yesterday was a bad day for me.  My spirit was down, I was feeling a bit depressed and quite upset over things that really do not matter.  I fell into a hole.  Like always, my dear friend Kirsty offered me her hand and helped me climb out of the hole.  She did this with words of encouragement and advice, but she also did this with a video:


This guy is crazy, and I say that with the utmost respect for him.  He's crazy in a good way.  I found this video totally inspiring.  It reminded me of my purpose, why I am here and who I want to be.  I want to see that the glass is always beautiful, not whether it is half full or half empty.  I want to feel pronoia, always!

And then... Angie emailed me and a few other friends this video:


How can you NOT feel love, happiness, and joy after watching these two videos?  I felt these things, but I also felt inspired and I realized how tightly bound inspiration is to me feeling love, happiness, and joy.  Being inspired is a beautiful thing because it takes those lovely feelings and turns them into actions!  Feelings can motivate us to inspire others and help them to feel love, happiness, and joy.

Needless to say, I got out of my hole.  Of course, with the help of my friends.

Yesterday, before I had really fallen in that hole, the Sister Missionaries came over and we chatted for a bit.  I shared some of my current thoughts and feelings on life, told them about this blog, and also shared my conversion story.  We read a few scriptures from the Book of Mormon that are just inspiring: 2 Nephi 31:13 and Alma 13:24.  And then they challenged me - the 10-Second Challenge.  Basically, if I am out and about, stand next to someone, sit next to someone and just strike up a 10 second conversation.  This challenge reminds me of the ball-pit video.  What if we didn't need that ball-pit?  What if we just randomly conversed with people to intentionally make a connection and find our commonalities?

It can be difficult and scary, but I think it is something we can try.  I know I am going to.  Minus the ball-pit, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment